The Strawberry Daiquiri is simple, elegant and as refreshing a drink as anyone could ask for. The original Daiquiri was created by Jennings Cox, an American engineer who was working in Cuba. He had important American guests visiting and couldn't source any gin - the favourite spirit at the time.
Cox was worried that they wouldn't find the local spirit palatable if served neat so he added lime juice and sugar to Cuba's pure cane rum and the classic Daiquiri was born.
Since then, many variations of the drink have been created adding different twists of flavour with the Strawberry Daiquiri recipe being the most popular.
Our Strawberry Daiquiri recipe uses premium rum, strawberry juice, lime juice and a touch of sugar syrup.
Choose from 1x litre bottle with 10 servings or 6x individual bottles of 100ml with our Mix of Six!
Each serve is 14% ABV which is what you would expect to find in a top quality bar.
1. Shake the bottle briefly to make sure the natural ingredients haven't separated.
2. Pour water onto a plate, just a couple of mm high, and pour some sugar onto a second plate. Dip the rim of your margarita glass in the water and then the sugar to decorate your glass.
3. Pour 100ml of your Sunset Cocktails Strawberry Daiquiri into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well for 25-30 seconds.
4. Pour your now chilled cocktail through a strainer into the glass.
5. For the full effect, slice the bottom half of a strawberry vertically and place it on the rim of the glass.